Latest Entries

Tridu wara bibek dan?

submitted by St Francis Primary Cospicua : Aiden Seychell  for 7-10
dissemination(s): website,school media,other,school board
filed under Photos

Min hu veru nadif ma jħammiġx barra. Hawnhekk nistgħu naraw eżempju ta skart imħallat li huwa mormi barra minflok li jiġi mormi fejn suppost. Dan ikerrah l-ambjent.



Read More

Car scrap by the wall.

submitted by St Francis Primary Cospicua : Liam Cauchi  for 7-10
dissemination(s): website,school media,other,school board
filed under Photos

Who do you think can be sent by the wall when we throw something like this and ruin the environmental site?



Read More

Fairtrade – what’s that?

submitted by Gozo College Middle School : Nicole Micallef  for 11-14
dissemination(s): EkoSkola blog, Ekoskola noticeboard, other, school magazine, school media
filed under Articles

Fairtrade is about better prices, decent working conditions and fair terms of trade for farmers and workers, supporting the development of thriving farming and worker communities that have more control over their futures and protecting the environment in which they live and work. However, unfortunately, most people don’t know this… On interviewing people, aged between 25 and 40, it turned out that only 15% really knew what Fairtrade meant, although 22% of all the interviewees had a mistaken opinion about what Fairtrade is. On the other hand, 78% of those interviewed took it for granted that the workers involved in the production and processing of the food we consume are truly treated justly, without any corruption or irregularities taking place. Meanwhile, 19% were not certain whilst 3% believed that some things might not be as fair as should be.

Read More

Dwejra: Not all is lost

submitted by Gozo College Middle School : Nicole Micallef  for 11-14
dissemination(s): school magazine,school media,other,EkoSkola Noticeboard, EkoSkola blog
filed under Photos

It’s true, the Azure Window was a true gem, but its loss is not the end. Dwejra still contains various other treasures which tend not to be appreciated enough. The Maltese Everlasting, endemic to Dwejra, is but one example, Fungus Rock being another. The fossils bed, including the remains of sea shells, shark teeth and sea urchins, dating back from millions of years ago, in the area are also protected by the law. There are also the quaternary deposits and various other features. Law enforcement in the area and similar is a must. Hopefully swimming in the beautiful clean waters is also something to keep on enjoying.



Read More

Not Attractive Enough

submitted by Gozo College Middle School : Nicole Micallef  for 11-14
dissemination(s): school magazine,school media,other,EkoSkola Noticeboard, EkoSkola blog
filed under Photos

A firm part of our culture, the Maltese lace was first produced mainly by women, young and old, to make extra money. However, today only the old persist in making the exquisite Maltese lace and displaying it to tourists. The young have mostly abandoned this beautiful craft, to be replaced by gadgets and going out with friends. Is the Maltese lace not attractive enough?



Read More